Random Wax: 2023 Score Football Blaster
-
2023 Score: A nice card of Hall of Famer Charles Woodson to start this
post out. One of the all-time greats at corner, he was a 3X 1st Team
All-Pro, 9X P...
High School Hockey Stats
-
A few months ago, I shared some awards from my high school hockey days. As
fun as it was to look back on those times and link them to card collecting,
I a...
Puck Drop
-
Sure, the season has been underway for several days now. But, since the
Senators don't start until tonight, the season hasn't really started. I'm
waitin...
Topps Retired Triad: October Edition
-
A few more pickups from over the summer I've been meaning to show off on
the blog.
Steve Garvey still has some ardent collectors out there, including the...
Well will you look at this?
-
*I certainly will. Dang straight! You betcha, yep. Without a doubt.*
*Awhile back I sent Gregory of 9 Pockets fame some set needs he was working
on with...
Blog Bat Around - Feeling Acomplished!
-
A new blog bat around has been started up over at Torren' Up Cards. It's
simple enough - all you have to do is list 3 achievements as a collector.
Comp...
September 2026 New People
-
September was a very light month for card stuff. VERY light. I did very
little scanning, and I got even less new cards.
I scanned 9 new people, includi...
A Few Goodbyes and a Pair of Set Completions
-
I'm an A's and Padres fan. You know that. And there are times when the San
Francisco Giants are my least favorite franchise in baseball. This isn't
one ...
Good Luck Ducks, Week 4: California Bound
-
*The Ducks open conference play in LA.*
After being left for dead just two weeks into the season (ha!), Oregon took
out their frustrations on a Portland ...
2026 Topps Series 2 Retail
-
Greetings!
Hope everyone is doing well. First off, 60th years ago today, Star Trek
premiered on NBC. I was going to post something Star Trek related to
...
Owning 15% of A Print Run: Archer!
-
I recently found an incredible PC piece up for auction on eBay. I knew from
the moment I laid eyes on it that unless it soared to an astronomical price
I...
OUTSIDE THE BOX - Baseball In Full Swing
-
I'm sure I was one of many who were swept up in the drama and excitement of
the 2025 MLB Playoffs - and a World Series for the ages. I hadn't watched
muc...
This Week In Mail - 3.8.26
-
For the most part, it was a boring week via the mail. The top two items
didn't show up until Friday and Saturday. Part of the "boring" start to
the wee...
Hall of Fame and Hall of ... Mirrors?
-
OK, I didn't have a good way to tie these cards together with a nice
title, but I tried. But I am giving them away!!First up is a strange card
of recent ...
18-Inning Heartbreak and the Hunt for Young Guns
-
Game 3 was another fun matchup. I watched it until maybe the 8th inning and
had to hit the hay. You know, work in the morning. I figured I’d save the
hig...
A Milwaukee Card Show!?
-
Am I too late to talk about a trip I took in June? Well, I am going to talk
about it anyway.
My wife had decided to go to an out-of-town event in Charlot...
2025 Wallet Card Junior Ortiz
-
Here's the new Wallet Card for me in 2025:
Ortiz was a member of the Twins' 1991 World Series winning roster, in the
role of a backup catcher, and the p...
Closing the doors (for now)
-
This is a post I knew was coming, but dreaded writing.
Let's take the band-aid off: I've decided to close up shop on "Dime Boxes"
for the foreseeable fut...
Out of Ideas
-
A few months ago I saw a sell sheet for 2023-24 Skybox Metal Universe
hockey. I've never been a fan of the Fleer/Skybox Metal Universe sets
(though I do ...
Trading to Completion: Part 2
-
So, after a couple of months, how is this project going? Eh, like most of
the projects around these here parts, slowly (still haven't finished any of
...
Franklin High Star Ron Santo
-
Fandom and it's associated collecting is a strange thing. When I first
became a Ron Santo fan I was young boy. Ron was in his prime, smashing
home runs...
2022 Topps Heritage Minor League Hobby Box
-
Looking for something cheap and new to open (this obviously is one of those
older unfinished posts), I chose 2022 Topps Heritage minor league. It was
$59.0...
Pandemic Pretender; or, Cards for Sale!
-
Hey everyone - well, yeah, it has been quite a few months since I last
spoke up in this space, and during that time I pretty much came to the
conclusion ...
Born in 1993 - Max Power
-
*You're watching the Simpsons with your daughter the other day...*
"Oh! I bet you'll like the Max Power episode." I said to my daughter.
"Let's see....
Five Months of Mail Roundup!
-
2021 and the start of 2022 has been busy for me and I've once again
neglected the blog. I've still been buying, selling, and collecting, and
I've got som...
A Thunderous New Addition, Pt. 2
-
Been a while since I checked in here. Life's been busy, lots of big life
changes, figuring out this whole parenthood thing, the Cubs have been a
whole b...
Closet Discoveries
-
I've been on a cleaning/reorganizing/purging binge lately and I attacked
my hobby closet earlier this week. I opened four boxes from the upper
shelves a...
Nick’s Super Stuffed PWE of Super Stuff
-
It seems like Thursday is becoming my regular posting day. I hadn’t really
intended it to be that way but with work being incredibly busy right now,
it’s...
The End of the 7 Day Trading Card Challenge Road
-
Here I am, I've come to the end of the line for my 7 Day Trading Card
Challenge. There have been twists and turns...planned and unplanned pauses,
but the j...
Throwback Thursday - 02.06.2020
-
Every Thursday, I post a card showing a ballplayer wearing a throwback
uniform from my collection. Hopefully, he will be wearing it well, with
proper pants...
Boo
-
Well hello there old friends. Didn't mean to scare you.
It's your old friend Matt providing a proof of life.
Thought it was an appropriate time to provide...
Anyone interested in a box break?
-
Hey all! Like I have mentioned previous I have been very active on Twitter
in lieu of posting on here which has been both good and bad. I am still
working ...
2016 Topps Allen & Ginter Retail
-
Repack box pack time.
Let's tear in.
Top to Bottom:
141 Colin Rea
144 Matt Holliday
BL-11 Ted Williams Baseball Legends
142 Jake Arrieta Mini
310 Patrick...
No comments:
Post a Comment