Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day is Here!

At long last another brutal New England winter is coming to a close, and the baseball season starts today! While I do my best to completely avoid hearing any news of the game (which begins at 2 P.M. Eastern time) until I get home from work and watch it on my DVR, I'll be anxiously awaiting hearing Jerry Remy provide some quality color commentary.

I think Jerry is the perfect commentator for the Sox, and while his giggling with play-by-play guy Don Orsillo may irritate some people, I definitely prefer NESN's coverage to any of the national stations.

To celebrate the start of the season, here's Jerry's card from the year I was born, 1982. Below you'll find a clip that should give you an idea of how goofy Remy can be sometimes. If you live in New England and get NESN, I apologize ahead of time, as you've undoubtedly seen this ad nauseum, but if not I encourage you to give it a look!

Go Red Sox!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...