Monday, May 10, 2010

Game 5

So I don't post a Bruins card before game 4 and look what happens, the Bruins lose a heart-breaker in overtime! I am now officially convinced that my posting a Bruins card has a direct bearing on the outcome of the games ;)

Anyway, my choice for game 5 is Blake Wheeler. He is one of a few Bruins that experienced a pretty severe drop-off this year after a promising 2008-09 campaign. He and Michael Ryder never recaptured the magic that they had last year when playing with David Krejci earlier this season. Wheeler has shown signs of improved play, including a nice redirect goal in front of the net earlier in the series. With Krejci out for the season though, it's time for guys like Wheeler, Ryder and Lucic to step it up. Recchi has done it and he's on the wrong side of 40, so what's Blake's excuse?

Let's go Bruins, close this one out at home!!!

2 comments:

Drop The Gloves! said...

I'm starting to get a bad feeling in my stomach about this.

I feel sorry for people who jumped on the Bruinswagon in the playoffs because they had no idea of knowing that their team was capable of this. But those who have watched them during the regular season are not totally surprised.

I'm not giving up, but I'm guarded. Extremely guarded.

shoeboxlegends said...

Well said Casey! I agree 100%. Now the momentum has swung and the Flyers are playing at home to force a game 7. Not only that but Rask is finally looking human. I'm trying to remain rational and tell myself that the Bruins can pull out one of the next two...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...