Thursday, May 13, 2010

Going to Game 7 - Great Idea or Gigantic Mistake?

I am going to game 7 in Boston tomorrow night. The idea crept into my head today as I was driving to work and wouldn't go away. A few hours later, a perfect storm of conditions (I'm on vacation from work for 9 days beginning tomorrow afternoon, and I've always wanted to see a Stanley Cup playoff game 7 in person) led to a purchase from Stub Hub.

I'll be sitting in a loge box seat just 8 rows from the ice tomorrow night as the Boston Bruins either pull off a gigantic win or complete one of the most monumental playoff collapses in all of sports history. I figured it was worth the risk and would be a great game to see regardless.

Please don't blow this Bruins! Listen, I watched every single minute of every game you played this year. I know you can sometimes be painful to watch. I know at times it seems almost physically impossible to score a goal. I know you had no business even getting up 3 games to none on this Flyers team to begin with. For those few games at the end of the Buffalo series and the beginning of this series, I think most fans were in amazement that the team was even capable of that level of play. Well now you have come back down to the level of play we saw for most of the season...

For once (in the last 15 years) the city of Boston is actually interested in it's hockey team. People are attending games, cheering their hearts out (and sometimes booing their hearts out). I actually hear hockey talk on Boston's sports talk radio stations! Don't blow it! I know you had no business getting up 3-0 in the series, but you did! Don't lose 4 straight and go down in history with that damn Islander team from the 70's.

Going to this game will either be a great idea or a gigantic mistake. Any hockey fans with a prediction?

10 comments:

Paul said...

Prediction: Bruins win a tight game at the end. I'll say 3-2.

Justin G. said...

There is nothing better than a game 7 live. It may be the best sports experience in the world. Go Bruins...Bruins win 2-1 in double overtime.

Captain Canuck said...

doesn't matter... Montreal destroys either team in the semi's....

TheRealDFG said...

Sadly, I think the Capt. is correct. But, I will say that the Bruins go on to a 3-0 lead in the third, blow it, and then lose a heart-breaker in OT.

Sal said...

Sounds like a great game to go to.

Man, I wish I could afford Blackhawks tickets 8 rows away from the ice...

Just enjoy the moment (and take lots of pictures if you have a good camera).

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I like Paul and Justin G's predictions but am afraid that dogfacedgremlin's will be reality. I guess the worst case scenario is for the B's to blow it early taking the crowd right out of it. At least if it's close for most of the game the atmosphere will be great!

Drop The Gloves! said...

My heart says they win, my gut says they don't.

I've been on pins and needles since waking up this morning.

Have fun at the game tonight and GO BRUINS!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like my prediction is out. It's 3-3 at the end of the 2nd right now.

Sal said...

Look at the bright side, Shane...you got to witness history in the making.

Captain Canuck said...

Shane? you still with us bud?

come down off the ledge man.... it's okay...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...