Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Red Sox Collection - Gypsy Queen Jon Lester Relic

Not much time today, and I'm off to poker night shortly, so just a quick post for now.  Here's a recent addition to my Red Sox collection, a 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Mini Relic of left-handed starter Jon Lester:

Jon, like seemingly everyone else on the squad, has had an off year to say the least.  On top of that, I've gone on record quite a few times as saying I'm not the biggest fan of relic cards.  So why did I buy this one then?  Well I won it for the opening bid of 99 cents plus $2 shipping.  What can I say, I'm a sucker I guess...

There's nothing on the back that indicates this is a game-used swatch either.  Oh well, for around $3 total I'm happy to add this card to my Red Sox collection nonetheless.

1 comment:

Ana Lu said...

Being a Yankees fan you might think I cannnot care about any Red Sox player, but must say that Lester is probably the only Boston player I like. He is a good pitcher and one of those I'd like to see switch to pinstrips ;-)
None of the pitchers or field players are having a good year but look at us,we wasted our peak a month ago and now we are possible aiming for the wildcard!
Even when the card says it is a used game jersey I'm not really sure of that..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...