Sunday, February 9, 2020

Signature Sundays - Steve Sax

Been a little quiet here lately, just in the midst of a brutal work project that has resulted in a lot of travel, and sheer exhaustion when I do happen to be home.  There is almost a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm not quite there yet, so just a quick one-card autograph post today...

I keep an eye out for cheap autographs from Topps' yearly "Archives Signatures" releases, particularly notable cards from my youth.  Went out and snagged this Steve Sax a few weeks back.  1990 Topps is forever a favorite set of mine given that it was the first baseball release that I ever opened packs of as a kid.  This one was too tempting to leave behind, especially as the lone bidder at $4.99!

I've debated a few times about freeing the handful of 1990 Topps autographs I have from these releases from their plastic prisons to induct them into my 1990 Topps buyback set.  I'm holding off for now, but if I reach a point where I'm far enough along in that quest and missing a card number that I have in slabbed autograph form like this then I reserve the right to change my mind.

That's all I've got the time and energy for this week.  Thanks for stopping by as always!

2 comments:

Fuji said...

I've been buying up these slabbed signed buybacks and have reached a point where I think I'm going to be forced to free them from their holders. They take up way too much space and are very heavy. The only downside is that they'll be much more difficult to sell if I end up flipping them.

gregory said...

Adding one of these to the 1990 Topps buyback set would make for a special page in that binder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...