Sunday, May 24, 2015

Signature Sundays - Liut x2 - Go Whalers!

Quick one today, as I'm focusing on enjoying the beautiful weather on this holiday weekend in New England.  Today's post features a Whalers autograph from a recently released set that is actually not Ron Francis believe it or not.  It seems Upper Deck is starting to recognize that as special as Francis was, there are hundreds of other guys who wore the sweater too.

From the Glacial Graphs autographs in 2014-15 Upper Deck Ice, I give you Mike Liut!  Not my first certified Liut auto, but it may be my favorite.  These are printed on acetate stock, which I'm a big fan of as a child of the '90s.  The majority of the card is see-through to some degree, especially the place where the autograph sits.  Speaking of the autograph itself, this one is very solid.  Bright, vibrant and on-card, can't ask for more than that.

Here's a look at the back, which due to the acetate nature of the card obviously can't deviate much from the front.  While I was at it I picked up a second version of the card for my Whalers collection:

This is the more scarce, yet not serial-numbered or anything, Gold Autograph.  While the signature itself is a little harder to make out due to the gold ink, it was the "Go Whalers" inscription that sold me here.  Of all of the Whalers autos I own at this point, I believe this is the first one where the athlete added some type of inscription like that about the team.  Was just too cool to pass up for around $10 or so if memory serves.

So there you have it, a pair of new Liuts!  There's also an even more scarce black version of this card, but I missed the boat on the first few that were listed on eBay and haven't seen one recently.  Maybe someday I'll complete the trifecta...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...