Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Promo and a Plate

Short on time tonight, and even shorter on energy.  I'm behind as usual on trade/thank you posts.  Tim B is next in queue, and he sent me a pretty large stack of cards that I'm working through now.  After that is reader Angus, then Mark Hoyle.  So, while I scan, crop and inventory here are two recent random hockey card pickups...

Can't believe it took me so long to finally land one of these 1990-91 Upper Deck Wayne Gretzky promo cards, especially since it set me back less than $5 in mint condition.

I'm still in the market for the other promo, Patrick Roy, if anyone's got a spare copy kicking around...

Skipping forward a couple of decades, here's my very first hockey printing plate.  From 2011-12 Contenders, this is the Cyan plate featuring the man who's been my favorite Boston Bruin for about 8 years and counting now (man I'm getting old), David Krejci!

David's coming off probably his worst season since his rookie campaign, so I guess I'm "buying low" with this pick-up.  Here's hoping he has a bounce back year in 2015-16.

That's all I've got for tonight...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...