Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thank You USPS

I went to check the mail this afternoon and was greeted by three different packages. Bubble mailers sitting in our box addressed to me mean only one thing, new cards! The first package contained four cards I recently won on eBay. I realized that more than a year and a half after getting back into collecting I had yet to acquire any 1952 Topps cards. I really love this set (how can you not?), so I picked up these four.

The Ken Raffensberger card is the best of the bunch in my opinion. I'm a sucker for horizontal cards, and I also love the background scenery in a lot of the 50s and 60s cards. This card is a prime example of why.

The second package was one I'd arranged outside of eBay. I won a handful of 1955 Topps cards on eBay a couple of weeks ago. On a whim, I emailed the seller to see if he had any others that he hadn't listed. He turned out to be a really nice guy and we worked out a deal where I bought 22 1955 Topps cards off of him for $2 each. Here's a few of them...

And some more...

The final package was from Dave at Cardboard Junkie, his part of a trade we'd recently arranged. Dave most definitely did not disappoint! Upon opening the package I was greeted by four packs of early 90s hockey cards, 2 packs of 1990 Pro-Set and 2 packs of 1991 Pro-Set. I'll be ripping at least one of these on A Pack a Day in the near future.

Aside from the packs there was a very nice brick of cards. Dave included a bunch of 2007 Topps Heritage cards that I needed. I now need less than 10 cards for the base set. Short prints are another issue, but I'd really like to finish this one some day...

Dave included a bunch of 1990 Pro-Set hockey cards off of my Want List as well. On top of that I got four of the remaining 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces cards that I needed, including this fine Ken Griffey, Jr. card. I need less than 10 cards to complete this set now as well.

Finally, in return for the numbered Chipper Jones cards I sent to Dave, I got a 2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige Prestigious Pros David Ortiz, numbered 277/700. This is the first 2005 Donruss Playoff Prestige in my collection, and David Ortiz cards are always appreciated, especially numbered ones. Thanks for a great trade Dave!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...