Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Huge Trade with KensDailyFix

Recently I had the fortune of meeting (at least electronically) a new reader and upstart blogger named Ken.  He's just getting his blog, KensDailyFix, off the ground but I'm enjoying it so far.  When he volunteered to help me out with some 2013 Topps flagship needs, I had no idea just how generous a package he would be sending.

For starters, he included the last 40 or so cards I needed to complete the 2013 Topps Series 1 base set!  This is something new for me this year, as it's the first time in my life that I've completed the Series 1 set before Series 2 was released.  It certainly is a good feeling.  I won't show all 40 base cards that were included, just a couple of favorites...


I'd be lying if I said I've heard of Daniel Descalso.  What can I say, I'm just an American League guy I guess.  Great photo though.

Loving the abundance of retro uniforms in this year's set.

Another case in point.  Killing off my Series 1 set would have been generous enough, but that was just the tip of the iceberg!  The one insert set I am chasing from 2013 Topps is the 1972 minis, and this package delivered a whopping 20 of them, more than doubling my total!


I truly appreciate the generosity here, I have precious few Darvish cards at this point and am happy to add a new one.

I pulled the Mike Trout mini myself in a blaster, and now I have his NL counterpart, Bryce Harper...

My favorites, it should come as no surprise, are the retired players like Roberto here.

The best mini by far though was this Ted Williams.  I have wanted a copy of this card since I first laid eyes on it, and this is the final Red Sox mini that I needed.  I'm down to needing just 15 of these to knock off the set.

Ken didn't stop there though, as he included one of the last Red Sox inserts I was looking for, a Ted Williams Chasing History (gold foil version).

My first Spring Fever card was in the package as well, always happy to add a new Will Middlebrooks to my collection.

There were a couple of Heritage cards from this year thrown in, including this David Ortiz insert commemorating his 400th home run...

...and this Brock Holt rookie.  Brock has yet to see any time with the big league club, and instead has been biding his time with the Pawtucket Red Sox (AAA) so far this year.  I have very little in the way of 2013 Heritage, so these were both needed and appreciated.

There were some unexpected 2007 Fleer cards of two guys no longer with the club, Josh Beckett...

...and Jonathan Papelbon.  Finally, I've saved the best for last, Ken included some needed Red Sox parallels from the Series 1 flagship set.


Two more Wal-Mart blues, which takes me up to half a dozen total.  Just four more of these to track down.



Finally, my first three Gold parallels, each #'d/2013.  These must be hobby only, as I never saw a single one in all of the retail wax I ripped.  If I could have hand chosen three Red Sox to get Gold parallels of these would have been the three, as they are three of the younger, more exciting offensive players on the team.  The Middlebrooks card is one of my favorites of 2013 so far.

Ken, thanks for an amazing trade package.  You're a great trader and an inspiration as a person, I'm really glad that we've come into contact.  I hope you enjoy the cards I sent your way in return, and I know where all of my Indians cards will be heading from now on!

1 comment:

Zayden said...

Excellent! Love those gold pieces at the end too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...