Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quick Trade with The Underdog Card Collector

I am absolutely destroying my previous years' totals when it comes to trades in 2013.  Just this morning I sent packages out to Dustin of Coot Veal and the Vealtones, Michael of The Card Raven, and Brad of Brad's Blog.  Now, for today's trade post...a while back Zach of The Underdog Card Collector posted some Gypsy Queen trade bait, and I bit.  The card I was interested in was this fantastic blue framed parallel of Wade Boggs:

Gypsy Queen seems to be a set that really divides collectors, but I think most everybody on either side appreciates the framed parallels.  This one's a beauty, numbered to 499.  My Boggs collection has really been moving along as I've been scanning and cataloging all of my Red Sox cards, I've got about 60 unique cards of Wade at this point.

Zach was generous enough to throw in 8 bonus cards.  I already had one of them, the 2013 Heritage Brock Holt, which beat him to my mailbox in another trade package just days prior.  I'll be sending that one back out elsewhere, but the other 7 cards I needed, including this 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars Youkilis.

My first three 2013 Gypsy Queen cards (aside from the Boggs parallel) were in this package as well.

My first Gomes Red Sox card...


Another Heritage insert, thanks to trading I'm starting to do alright with this team set, despite having purchased just a single rack pack of this stuff.

My first 1992 O-Pee-Chee card, much appreciated.  Definitely have quite a few Red Sox to track down from this huge set.

In closing a sweet Stadium Club card of The Hawk.

Thanks for the great package Zach!  I hope you enjoyed the Padres I sent in return, I'm sure we'll be trading again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...