Thursday, January 31, 2019

One Card Post - Orange Magma

What:  2017 Topps High Tek Orange Magma Diffractor - Xander Bogaerts (#'d /25)
Where: COMC
How Much?:  $6.25

Why?:  Here's another of my COMC Black Friday purchases from last year that I hadn't gotten around to showing yet.  Every so often I search the site for Xander Bogaerts cards, as he's really the only active baseball player that I player collect.  When I stumbled upon this "Orange Magma Diffractor" on the higher end price-wise of what was available (around $8), I was intrigued.  I'm a confessed sucker for acetate cards, thus have always been a fan of Topps' various Tek releases, and this was a rare enough Bogaerts card that I might not stumble across another copy for years, if ever.  I threw out an offer of $6.25, the lowest the seller would even consider, and was pleased when they agreed.

My favorite thing about this card is that it reminds me so much of the orange lava lamp that I had in my bedroom as a teenager.  I loved that thing, and spent more hours than I'd care to admit just listening to music in its glow.  Looked pretty much like the back of this card:


2 comments:

Section 36 said...

Quite a fun card! Nice pick up.

Fuji said...

Aww man. Kinda makes me wanna go out and buy a lava lamp for my office or classroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...