Sunday, March 15, 2020

Signature Sundays - Mark Langston

Pretty crazy situation right now across the globe.  It's hard to stay too focused on baseball cards at the moment, but here's another quick autograph in my year-long tribute to the 1990 Topps set!

Yes, this week it's pitcher Mark Langston!  Mark actually signed some copies of his base card from the 1990 set where he's depicted with the Expos for Archives Signature Series as well, but in my case I ended up with this Topps Traded card after his move to the Angels.

Here's a look at the back, quite a bit of italics already for a guy just a few seasons into his MLB career.

So there you have it, 3x AL strikeout leader, 4x All-Star and 7x Gold Glove winner Mark Langston!  I'm now up to a dozen autographs in my 'Topps Baseball Autographs of My Youth" collection.

Thanks for stopping by, and please make an effort to stay indoors in the coming days.  I'll try to keep putting up new content here, but no promises as an IT manager is a stressful job to be in right now.  I don't anticipate much free time this coming week.

Stay safe everyone!

3 comments:

Kin said...

One of those 80s guys that most have forgotten, but I never will!

-kin
beansballcardblog.com
@beansbcardblog

gregory said...

Wow, impressive numbers! Count me as one who'd forgotten about Mark Langston's pitching prowess. Excellent pickup for your collection.

Fuji said...

I enjoy collecting Langston... but somehow completely missed his time in Montreal. I'll have to find one of these Expos cards for my Expos PC... which will also serve as another card for my SJSU PC. Go Spartans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...