Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm Back...and a Thank You to Justin G

If you're a regular reader (I think there are at least one or two of you out there), you've probably noticed that my posting has declined over the past few weeks. In my day to day life I work in IT for a law firm, and I decided recently that I needed to dust off the books and go for my 3rd Microsoft Certification. As a result, the last month or two of my life has been completed consumed by DHCP, DNS, IPSec and a whole host of other acronyms that mean absolutely nothing to the average person and would probably put you to sleep. I'm proud to say that I took the exam earlier today and passed with flying colors! For the first time in a long time I find myself with SportsCenter on the TV, a cold Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout in my hand, and a stack a cards in front of me. So now, with the NHL about to drop the puck to kick off the regular season tomorrow night, it's time to play catch-up...

Recently, reader Justin G of Is This a Wasteland - No It's Tampa Bay Sports commented on my pack rip of 2009-10 Fleer Ultra hockey indicating that he'd be happy to send a David Krejci base card my way. Since I wasn't impressed with the set and don't plan on buying any more of these cards, I gladly accepted the offer to add another Krejci card to my growing collection.

2009-10 Fleer Ultra - #13 - David Krejci - I've already gone on about how I find this set boring, so I don't have a whole lot to add here. Justin also threw in 2 bonus Bruins cards...

2008-09 Upper Deck Artifacts - #91 - Bobby Orr - What a fantastic looking card! I typically stay away from Artifacts, both baseball and hockey, so this is the first 08-09 Artifacts card in my collection. Does anyone know if the base set looks like this or if this is a gold parallel? If this is the base set I may seriously have to consider a box...

2008-09 Upper Deck Collector's Choice - #269 - Blake Wheeler (Choice Rookies) - Justin also threw in this Blake Wheeler rookie card from last year's Collector's Choice hockey set. Blake is one of the big question marks for the Bruins heading into this season. After an impressive start in his rookie campaign, the grind of the 82 game schedule really seemed to get to Wheeler and his play plummeted badly enough that he was benched for the B's final 3 games last season.

Justin, thank you so much for the cards. All 3 of these are keepers. Best of all, I can now search out the Gold Medallion and Ice Medallion variations of the Krejci card, and your base card has prevented me from spending any more money on a product I don't have much interest in. I'm heading into my card closet as soon as this is posted to track down a Lecavalier card or two to send back in return. Thanks again!

1 comment:

Chuck's Used Cards said...

It's good to have you back. That ORR card is sweeeeeet !

welcome back in time for the puck drop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...