Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2011 Top 20 Under $25 - #14 - Another Graded Pesky

What is it? A 1950 Bowman Johnny Pesky, graded EX-MT 6 by PSA.
When and where did I get it? April 3rd on eBay.
How much did it cost me? $17.67 (plus $2.00 shipping).

2011 was a big year for Johnny Pesky as far as my collection goes. When the year started off I had no vintage Pesky cards, which is an absolute shame. As a Red Sox fan who collects baseball cards, there was simply no excuse for this. I remedied that situation early on this year when I flipped a Jordan Eberle short print for two vintage Pesky cards. A couple of weeks after that I picked up this 1950 Bowman card to complete the trifecta.

This is definitely the oldest card in the countdown, at least by a couple of years. As I've said numerous times, I'm a sucker for early 50's Bowman baseball cards, so I couldn't pass on this one for less than the cost of a blaster shipped. This actually came from the same seller and in the same shipment as another 1950 Bowman card that I posted back in May.


Now, if I can only track down 1949, 1951 and 1952 Bowmans, and maybe even the 1951 or 1952 Topps Pesky cards...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...