Sunday, October 20, 2013

Signature Sundays - Will Middlebrooks

What a tremendous couple of weeks it has been for Red Sox fans, watching the team basically steal a series out from under the Detroit Tigers.  To celebrate, I'm taking it back to baseball for this week's Signature Sundays post...

A few weeks back I was fortunate enough to land this beautiful Will Middlebrooks on-card auto from 2013 Topps Museum Collection.  I have no idea what this product is, but it sounds expensive.  All I know is that this card was not expensive.

Will has been inconsistent so far in his two years of Major League play, and he's spent some time in AAA as a result.  He's got loads of potential though, and can really rake the ball when he's going right.  In his first two seasons with Boston, Middlebrooks has played just over the equivalent of one season's worth of games (169).  During that time he's batting a disappointing .254 (thanks to a terrible .227 mark this season), but has managed some impressive power numbers with 32 doubles, 32 HR and 103 RBI.  The team must believe in him, because he's been on the roster the entire post-season so far, though he's struggled like many of Boston's bats.

Do I believe in him?  Yes.  I think he's still very young, but has the raw talent to be a consistent contributor in Boston's lineup at the very least.  I certainly believe in him enough to shell out $11.49 with free shipping to add his John Hancock to my Red Sox autograph collection!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...