Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Red Sox Collection - Rico Petrocelli Rookie!

Just a quick post today to show off a pretty significant vintage Red Sox pick-up that's been sitting around in my draft folder for what seems like forever now...

A Jerry Stephenson rookie!  Kidding...obviously Petrocelli is the name most Sox fans will recognize from this card.  While the dual rookies in landscape layout make for some of the uglier cards in the 1965 Topps set in my opinion, I got this one for a very reasonable price and it's a notable vintage rookie for my Red Sox collection regardless.

Here's a look at the back, which is much more off-center than the front is.  I suspect that's why I landed this one for the price I did, but I don't mind in the least!

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

Great pick-up!

His brother was an usher at Yankee Stadium. He used to tell kids he was 'authorized' to sign Rico's autograph. I had a couple of programs that he signed as 'Rico Petrocelli'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...