Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quick Rip - Two More Packs of OPC Baseball

Why not rip a couple packs of O-Pee-Chee baseball while I watch this horrific Patriots/Jets game. I knew I should have stuck with Bruins/Canadiens...

6 cards per pack, here's the first...

Awesome card, my favorite photo in the pack right out of the gate.  I love the two fans in the front striking a "thriller pose".

The portrait shots are less impressive to me than the in-game action, but as portraits go the ones in this set are at least well done.

My one-per-pack black parallel, snooze...


I never liked the strange background that appears on Steve Pearce's card.  There are a number of cards in the set against this same backdrop, and to me, it just looks like the curtain to a meat locker or industrial freezer.

Orlando would be dealt to the Minnesota Twins during the 2009 season.

Pack 2!

This pack leads off with a nice late-career card of a guy with 422 career saves.

I opened these a couple weeks back, and I've already shipped this one out to Tony at Off Hiatus Baseball Cards.

Rather than being irritated that I lost one of my 6 cards in the pack to this giant, self-promoting insert set, I actually kind of like this card.  I mean, who doesn't like DiMaggio, and what an awkward photograph.



DiMaggio, Jeter, Verlander and A.J Burnett...that pack certainly finished off with some horsepower!

That's all for tonight...

1 comment:

Marc said...

Wish I would have chosen to watch the Pats/Jets over the B's/Habs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...