Friday, November 23, 2018

One Card Post - Climbing the Ranks of Whalers Collectors

What:  2016-17 Fleer Showcase '92-93 Ultra Buyback #306 - Eric Weinrich (#'d /25)
Where: eBay
How Much?:  $3.67 delivered

Why?:  I continue to snag these '92-93 Ultra buybacks from 2016-17 Fleer Showcase any time I stumble across them at affordable prices.  Defenseman Eric Weinrich is my 11th buyback from the set, plus I have five of the autographed versions that I've shown here, so up to 16 of these in total now.  Weinrich makes five Whalers for me as well, which isn't too shabby given that these are relatively scarce at just 25 copies each floating around out there.  A nice addition in my quest to become the #1 Whalers collector on the Trading Card Database.  I'm currently ranked #6, with 28% of all Whalers cards in the database in my collection.


3 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Love those buybacks! I had to check, with 199 cards, I'm in a three-way tie for 172nd most Whalers cards, hah!

Fuji said...

That's pretty cool that you can see where you're ranked in regards to team collections. If I ever get off my butt... I might end up doing this with my Sharks stuff.

P.S. Congratulations on picking up another one of these sweet buybacks! Love the 92/93 Ultra set.

Chris said...

Keep climbing that ladder! Your set projects are so interesting. I'm wondering how far behind I'll be when I finally add my Whalers stuff to TCDB..which will hopefully be sometime in January or February.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...