Saturday, October 3, 2020

Shiny Cardboard - My Newest Bogaerts RC

Here's my latest Xander Bogaerts pick-up, a solid and long overdue addition to my one somewhat serious modern player collection...

This beauty is a Chrome Refractor parallel of Xander's 2014 Topps Heritage RC, on which he shares billing with Jonathan Schoop.  For some reason, Topps Heritage Refractors really pop to my eyes, even more so than the standard Topps Chrome Refractors.  I'm a huge fan of the Purple Refractors as well as these standard ones, which are serial-numbered (to /565 in this case). 

Lacking this card has felt like a somewhat significant hole in my Bogaerts collection for years now, and finally being able to nab one for just $12 and change earlier this year felt great.

 
This card is interesting too in that it's somewhat a "tale of two infielders".  While Bogaerts has remained with Boston and become one of the premier shortstops in all of baseball, Schoop has really bounced around.  After leaving Baltimore he's also had stints with Milwaukee, Minnesota, and the in this past season the Detroit Tigers.

That's a wrap for now, and I have to say my Bogaerts collection feels much more respectable with this card added to it.  Having recently crossed the 200-card threshold in that player collection, this card is a great way to begin the march to 300.

Thanks as always for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Nice card. I actually remember tracking Schoop for a few years. I think I have a low numbered rookie card or maybe an autographed rookie card of his. He had a couple of solid season in Baltimore, but eventually stopped tracking him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...