Monday, August 5, 2013

A Monster Milt

A few weeks ago I was able to land a very significant piece for my modest Milt Schmidt collection:

This awesome 1952-53 Parkhurst card is now my oldest piece of cardboard depicting Schmidt.  It's a really beautiful card in person.  As someone who lists the early '50s Bowman releases among my favorite baseball sets of all time, it's about time I finally picked up my first smaller sized Parkhurst hockey card.  I guess I'm just a sucker for smaller, colorized vintage cards from either sport.

Here's a better look at the front of the card, great illustration of Milt posed in front of two levels of cheering fans.

Finally, a look at the back.  I'm going to try to resist the temptation to pick up more of these and instead try to focus on the million other hobby-related quests I've already got going.  It definitely won't be easy though.

This is actually the second really significant Milt Schmidt card I've added recently.  The other one, while not quite as old as this, is even more impressive, at least in my opinion.  I'll try to have that one posted sometime soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great card! You have quite the Milt collection going.

When I inevitably become rich and famous this will be a set I put together.

Anonymous said...

This might be my favourite set of all. I've been poking away at it forever and ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...