Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday Night Scan Folder Backlog

Just got back from a few days in Vermont and I don't have any more scheduled posts left to go. If I haven't gotten back to you this week I hope to catch up on everything tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some cards that have been scanned in and waiting to be posted for quite some time now...

In my last COMC order that I had shipped a couple of months back I picked up this Claude Giroux rookie from 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee.  Giroux is one of my favorite current players, and if the Flyers can build the right supporting cast around him I'd love to see him hoist the Cup one day.

The real reason I was after this short-printed rookie card though was that it was the final card I needed to complete the '08-09 OPC set.  What a bear that one was to tackle, only took me six years plus!  I'll do up a proper "completed set" post when time allows.

The Legends variations that Topps used in its flagship set for a few years there are quickly becoming some of my favorite modern cards.  There's something about seeing the players of yesteryear on modern designs that I like for some inexplicable reason.

A nice card of the Red Sox before they were the Red Sox...

Here's another one courtesy of COMC.  For something like forty cents I was happy to add another Canseco to my collection from his time in Boston.  This card really could have been cool had the 'N' been die-cut.  It sort of is, as it's slightly raised, however there is cardboard all the way around in the standard shape.  Oh well.

I picked up this Carl Soderberg Prizm rookie towards the beginning of the NHL season, back when I thought he'd have a really solid year and lead the Bruins deep into the playoffs.  As it stands now it looks like he's likely played his final game in a Bruins sweater.  Moving on...

One more to close out the night here, another beauty from a recent lot of '57 Topps I picked up at a great price.  A little off-center for sure, but what an amazing card of the former Dodgers great.

Back tomorrow with Signature Sundays.  Thanks for stopping by as always...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Erskine card! It really shows the potential of that year's design, a potential that generally didn't get fulfilled. I'm somewhat intrigued by the pitcher on the mound behind Oisk... Was this photo taken shortly before a game?

Commishbob said...

"Oisk" is a pretty reliable TTM signer. That would be a nice card to have autographed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...