Sunday, January 20, 2019

Signature Sundays - A Pair of Sox

It's been all hockey as far as my Signature Sundays posts go here in 2019 so far, but when I pulled a couple of autos at random today from my backlog of to-be-posted cards they were both baseball.  So, we'll mix it up this week with a couple of autographs for my ever-expanding Red Sox collection...

First up, a Real One Autograph from the 2015 Topps Heritage Minor League release.  An example here of a card that I picked up a few years back, but would not likely buy these days.  This one was purchased at a time when I would chase just about any Red Sox related card that I didn't already have.  If memory serves I paid just a dollar for it courtesy of eBay.

Fast forward a few years and it looks like Jacob Dahlstrand's professional career may be over?  He didn't pitch at all in 2018 that I can find record of, and is currently listed as a free agent.  He never progressed higher than AA, so I guess my $1 gamble didn't exactly pay out.  Oh well...

The other card that I pulled at random for today is this Bowman's Best hard-signed autograph of lefty Eduardo Rodriguez.  I like this one quite a bit, in fact I like it so much that I apparently bought it twice somehow, as I already had a copy in my collection on The Trading Card Database.  Here's my previous copy, you can see that the autograph is slightly different:

Oh well, I suppose there are worse cards to have a duplicate of as a Red Sox fan.  If any of the folks I trade with are interested in my extra it's certainly up for grabs...

I'm off to watch the rest of the NFC Championship game here, then the AFC Championship game.  Go Pats!

3 comments:

Mark Hoyle said...

If no one else steps up to trade for Erod I’ll trade for it

shoeboxlegends said...

Mark, it’s all yours! I’ll drop you an email to confirm your address...

Fuji said...

Congratulations on your Patriots heading back to the Super Bowl! What a wild 4th quarter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...