Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Thoughts and a Case Break

I just got back from 4 days in Vermont, which, if you're not from New England, is an absolutely beautiful place to visit this time of year. Part of the allure for me is the chance to completely "unplug". I did not watch a TV or use a computer once during the 4 days away, and I have to say that it was incredibly relaxing. When I got home late last night, I immediately checked on the Red Sox/Angels series and got the news that the Sox dropped both games in Anaheim. Ugh. Now it's up to young phenom Clay Buchholz, who my fiance says looks like a "skinny redneck" to provide a quality start at home. The Red Sox are no strangers to playoff series comebacks, but it just hasn't felt the same to me this year, and I have a feeling Anaheim is going to win this series. I actually trailed off watching the Red Sox towards the end of the season and missed a few games completely. I will definitely be watching today at noon though, could be the last game played at Fenway until April.

In case the Red Sox series wasn't disappointing enough, I watched the Bruins/Ducks game that I had DVR'd from Thursday night. After going up 1-0 early in the game on a goal by Marco Sturm, the B's gave up 6 unanswered goals to Anaheim. Tim Thomas did not look good in the 6-1 loss. To make matters worse, I also watched last night's Bruins/Islanders game and watched the team go down 3-0. They pulled off an incredible comeback though, scoring 3 goals in the second half of the 3rd period and winning in the shootout. Backup goalie Tuukka Rask, who many think could become one of the NHL's elite goaltenders, was solid in the game and in the shootout. It's been a roller coaster start to the season just 4 games in, it would be good to see the Bruins level off a bit and put together 2 or 3 wins in a row...

Finally, if you haven't already seen it or don't read his blog, Dan of Saints of the Cheap Seats is hosting another group case break. There are just a few slots left, and it looks like it's going to be 2007 Ultimate baseball, with the hits evenly divided up. This is the product he broke in his last case break, here are the cards I received, good stuff! Head on over and sign up before it's too late!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...