Thursday, October 15, 2009

Red Sox Collection - 1983 Topps Wade Boggs

How Did I Acquire the Card? eBay

How Much Did I Pay for the Card? $4.24 (free shipping)

Why is This One of My Favorite Red Sox Cards? 1983 Topps is widely regarded as one of the best sets of the 1980's. In fact, many collectors rank it as their favorite, as evidenced by Dinged Corners' recent poll. In addition to a fantastic design, the set features rookie cards of 3 Hall of Famers; Wade Boggs, Ryne Sandberg and Tony Gwynn. Completing the 1983 Topps set is a long term goal of mine, but even if it weren't this Boggs card would be on my list as it's a very reasonably priced rookie of a Hall of Famer and Boston legend. I've wanted this card since I saw it in the souvenir shop on Yawkee Way at my very first Red Sox game as a kid, and I couldn't pass up a mint copy for less than $5. I now have the Gwynn and Boggs cards from this set, time to chase the Sandberg!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...