Monday, May 18, 2020

Platinum Traxx Pastrnak

A fun card to say the name of, a fun card to hold in person.  Check out this shiny beauty!

This 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Platinum "Traxx" parallel of David Pastrnak's RC was one of my favorite hockey pick-ups from this past winter.  Got a real bargain on this card in the weeks before the pandemic.  I've always preferred David's O-Pee-Chee Platinum RC from 2014-15 to his Upper Deck Young Guns rookie, just because of all of the fantastic parallels of the former that are available.

I'd previously picked up the Blue Cubes (#'d /65) and Seismic Gold (#'d /50) versions of this card, and was pumped to form a nice trifecta here with the Traxx card.  This pattern is also sometimes referred to as a "Mojo" refractor or prizm in other releases from Panini.  I hadn't really been on the lookout for one of these, figuring I'd just been priced out of new Pastrnak cards at this point given how hot he has been the past couple of years.  I was pleasantly surprised to stumble into this card available at less than $40, and pounced immediately.

Here's a look at the back, standard fare here as this is the only parallel of the three I have now that is not serial-numbered.

With 48 goals tallied before the 2019-20 NHL season went on lockdown due to the coronavirus, Pastrnak seemed like a lock to be the first 50-goal scorer for the Bruins since Cam Neely reached the milestone more than 25 years ago now.  Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever know if David could have notched two more now.  Getting to watch him and Alex Ovechkin compete for the Rocket Richard Trophy is one of the thrills that sports fans were robbed of this spring.

Great card though, and one I'm psyched about adding to my collection!

What sports moments are you most bummed about missing due to the pandemic?

2 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

That's a neat card. He's become one of my mom's favorite players, too.

Fuji said...

I was really hoping to see the A's battle the rest of the AL West and see whether or not they have enough to make the playoffs. Always wanted to see if this was the year the Padres break out and finally make the playoffs after this painful drought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...