Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Couple of Quick Trades

Not much time today, so let's bang out a quick trade post featuring two recent trades...

I participated in Thorzul's 'Trade Me Anything' for the first time this year.  If you're not familiar with it he basically trades away all his inserts and parallels from his jumbo box of Topps Update every year and asks for literally anything in return.  I sent him a variety of cards and a Godfather DVD, and in return got this emerald foil parallel of David Ortiz, which commemorates him setting the record for most hits by a DH.

I snagged two of the 1971 Topps Minis off the list as well, one featuring who else but Ortiz.  I now have over 120 unique David Ortiz cards, which is pretty amazing given the minimal amount of recent product that I buy.

Here's the other '71 mini, Nomah!  I wish Topps would cut it out with these mini inserts, enough is enough already.

Here's a look at a back, not very flattering.  Anyway, it will still fun participating in Trade Me Anything and I was able to flush out a hundred or so unwanted cards to get these three in return, which was nice.

Just before the exchange with Thorzul I entered into a trade on Zistle with user hpennington22, who is apparently a huge Will Clark collector.  I sent off three Clark doubles and in return got not one...

...not two...

...not three...

...not four...

...but five 2013 Topps '72 Minis that I needed.  I was pursuing this insert set with vigor in the Spring when Topps flagship hit the shelves, but as seems to happen to me every year I lost interest long before Series 2 was ever released.  Oh well, still nice to get a bit closer to the mini set I suppose, and I'd take these cards over a couple of unwanted doubles any day.

Well, that's a wrap, thanks for the trades gents!

2 comments:

CaptKirk42 said...

I agree about the Minis from Topps getting "OLD" (and not in the good vintage sense). A few years back when they first commemorated the '75 minis was fine, but then came the '87 minis and lately the '72 minis EVERY YEAR and now the '71 minis.

Zayden said...

Not a bad little haul! Green Ortiz FTW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...