Monday, August 4, 2014

New Red Sox, Courtesy of Zistle

Last month I completed a couple of quick swaps on Zistle to bring some more Red Sox cards into my collection.  First, I sent four 2013 Topps base card doubles off to user mfratella.  In return...

David Ortiz sporting a retro look from 2013 Topps Series 2, and also from 2013 Series 2...

Mike Napoli.  It's really inexcusable that I haven't completed the 2013 Red Sox team set, given that they won the World Series last year, but this pair gets me that much closer.

The final card from this trade was the Pedroia '71 mini from 2013 Topps Update.

Happy to land this card as it now sits next to...

...David Ortiz...

...and Nomar in my collection, completing the Red Sox team set from this small, 50-card insert set.

The second swap had me sending a '91 Stadium Club Barry Larkin and an '82 Topps Bob Horner to user 1carddawg.  A handful of Red Sox came back my way...

This Tony Clark, which was unexpected, is actually my very first 2002 Flair card.

A couple of obnoxious (but needed!) 1994 Ultra cards of Danny Darwin...

...and Aaron Sele.

This die-cut 1995 SP Championship Series card of Rick Aguilera was unexpected as well.  I'm guessing based on the awkward photo that this may have been an unlicensed set?

Last but not least, a new Hawk from 1993 Fleer Ultra.  The 1992 and 1993 Fleer Ultra sets are kind of a soft spot for me, I think this is a great looking card.

Thanks for the trades gentlemen!  With these cards in hand, I'm at 3,088 unique Red Sox cards and counting...

2 comments:

Mark Kaz said...

One of these days I hope to make a trade on Zistle. I've got way too many cards to enter and scan before I get to that point, though!

shoeboxlegends said...

I'm just warning you now, the already-addicting site that is Zistle just gets that much worse when you have your trade and want lists on there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...