Monday, March 9, 2015

One Card Post - Ozzie with the Padres

What:  2011 Topps Update #US249(B) - Ozzie Smith Legends SP
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $1.62

Why?
:  I'm a big fan of the short-printed legends variations that Topps included in their flagship set for a few years there beginning in 2009.  They seem to be awfully scarce, and often times demand quite a premium, so any time I find one as cheap as this one was I'm going for it.  I've always sort of casually collected (more like accumulated) Ozzie Smith cards, and the majority of them feature The Wizard with the Cardinals, so it's nice to add a new Padres card to that collection.   

Other
:  I still can't believe the seller accepted that offer.  I think I have a few more of these kicking around to post in the future, though I don't recall getting a bargain this good on the others...


6 comments:

Marcus said...

Man, that card looks great! I have the "cognac" parallel of that card (can't remember how I came across it though, either through a blind trade or a pack), and I've always wondered what it looked like underneath all that shine.

Mark said...

Wow, that's an absolute steal! The legends SP's were the one sp variation in recent years that I actually enjoyed.

Daniel Wilson said...

Great deal on a great card!

Fuji said...

Sweet card! Gotta see if I can find one for my Padres PC.

madding said...

I love this card. I got a really nice deal on one of these awhile back myself. These are a million times better than the stupid sparkle Photoshop cards they are putting out now.

Unknown said...

Phenomenal Ozzie card! Like Backstop, I have a version (super sparkley...no idea as I've lost track of Topps insert varieties), but like this "base" much better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...