Monday, October 8, 2018

Buyback Franken-set: Hoyt Wilhelm!

Just a single buyback to share with you this evening, but it's a significant one.  Ladies and gentlemen, the great Hoyt Wilhelm! 

1969 Topps #565 - Hoyt Wilhelm

Stumbled upon this one recently while perusing eBay for buybacks.  The release of Heritage High Numbers a little while ago resulted in an influx of 1969 Topps Heritage buybacks in the marketplace.  When I found good ol' Hoyt Wilhelm available as a Buy-It-Now for less than $5 I was sold!

Normally a blacked out ball cap like the one seen here would drive me nuts, however it's not every day that I get the opportunity to add a 1960s HOF card to the Buyback Franken-set so I'm willing to overlook it here.  Besides, the other reason I am excited about this one is that it represents my first #565 buyback, filling another empty slot in the binder.

I'm honored to have the esteemed Mr. Wilhelm included in this project!

Franken-set Progress: 630/792 (79%)
1990 Topps Buyback Set: 100/792 (12%)
"Rejected" Buybacks: 500
Total Buybacks in Collection: 1,230

4 comments:

Brett Alan said...

LOVE IT! I've been a Hoyt collector for a long time now. Great to have him in the set.

Commishbob said...

What a sweet pickup! Congrats.

Fuji said...

Congratulations on filling an empty slot! Doing it with a vintage hall of famer makes it even more special.

Nick said...

The man, the myth, the legend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...