Saturday, July 18, 2020

Shiny Cardboard - Bowman's Best Trout

It's time for another installment of Shiny Cardboard, featuring...you guessed it...shiny cardboard!  Tonight's card is a shiny Mike Trout that I picked up while sheltering in place these past few months...

This card is an insert from the 2018 Bowman's Best set, and pays homage to the 1998 Best Performers cards.  As usual, my scan does not do this card justice.  In hand, the entire background has a refractor effect and the card absolutely shines in the light.  There are atomic refractor versions of these that look pretty stunning, but this one's just the standard insert flavor.

I like the design, you can absolutely tell it's inspired by a 1990s set.  I don't really chase Mike Trout cards very often, but in this case I was a couple dollars short of reaching a threshold that I needed with an eBay seller to qualify for free shipping.  This card was available for just about the amount that I was short, almost to the dime, so it was basically a choice between paying for shipping or getting a sweet refractor-y Mike Trout card.  Easy call!

Here's a look at the back, kind of blah if you ask me, though I assume it stays relatively true to the original.  It's late and I'm too lazy to look that up right now.

So anyway, there you have it, my latest card of baseball's golden boy.  Beats paying for postage, for sure.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow to continue my streak of posting every day in July.  Have a great night!

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Always enjoy some 90's Bowman's Best shine. Combine it with the best player in baseball and you have a great looking card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...